Revamp!!!
After going back and deciding that I guess I am not participating as I should, because I did not create more of a YOP list, I have revamped my knitting projects…I will do my best to complete as much as possible. With my new Interchangeables coming this week, I will have a better chance of finishing on time…My list is as follows:
XMAS GIFTS –
1. BATH SCRUBBIES – not saying who is getting these, don’t know who reads my BLOG, but I have 9 to complete…I have the pattern saved on my computer….each will be done in the favorite color of the recipient….hopefully some from stash….
2. BATH CLOTHS – 1 each, for my great nephew’s,
One dinosaur [in green], and one kangaroo [in blue], have not chosen the yarn yet…
3. KITCHEN DISHCLOTHS – not saying who is getting these, but there are 6 on the list….I have the patterns saved on my computer, I already have the colors picked out…just need more yarn.
- 2 Paprika multi and 1 Crème
- 2 Apple Green and white and 1 White
- 2 Apple Red and white and 1 White
4. Fingerless mitts and cloche – not saying who for...
5. Fingerless mitts and beanie- not saying who for….
6. Fingerless mitts and beanie – not saying who for…
7. YUNG’S BERET – which she has been expecting…
8. Fingerless mitts
9. Headband
BIRTHDAY GIFTS –
SPA CLOTHS – for 2 specific people….in 3 different colors…2 sage green, 2 crème, and 2 chocolate brown…yarn…TBD…
Now that’s out of the way, here’s what else happened this past week…
Mom went for her usual morning constitutional to the mailbox last Saturday, taking Valiant with her…
![]() |
| Prince Valiant ©PDBKNCPLACE |
and guess what he discovered for himself a midst the evergreens out front!
Yes! I’d like you to meet...
Molly Jane!!!!!!
And she has 2 sisters; Maggie Mae and Meggie Rose; and one brother, Budrick. I hope to get pics of them soon….
Yes I am now the proud owner of 3 of 4 kittens. [until I can find a good home for 2 of them].
They were left on the side of the road, in front of our house, and sought shelter within our tree line. There was a bowl of food left next to the tree, where they were found…
After being defleaed, bathed, fed and rested…there was immediate bonding and playfulness abounding….
Molly Jane, bonded to me, and Budrick, bonded to my brother…the other two girls, are more loner types, and prefer to watch from the sidelines.
They have begun to adjust to living here. They kept me awake, the first night, crying for their mom, as they are not completely weaned yet, though we are working on it…They are approximately 8 to 12 weeks old…and as cute as buttons!
Their first vet visit is next month, [I couldn’t get them in any sooner]. The vet will help us arrange for homes for the two that we cannot keep.
Molly was the first kitten to catch my eye, and the first, to approach me…and now she follows me wherever I go, wanting as much attention as I can give her.
She is also, quickly learning the word no, and rather well; in fact, especially when it comes to cords and yarn. LOL. They help fill the gap of loneliness I feel for my kids…and having them here, gives me less time to think about how much I truly miss them…
Progress Report:
I have completed Row 3… and have started making more squares. I have also begun Row 5, as I had completed Row 4 first….
Piecework can be a pain, but I still feel accomplished, because I can now see progress. This is my 6th week of participation in YOP and I am working on Row 5; which is good progress for me.
SIDE NOTES:
I have added my first Scarf and Hat set to my projects on Ravelry, though I completed them last fall, I figured it would be better to have them on there than not.
Though not a great example, [these are after a 5 year hiatus from knitting], I still think they turned out okay.
Pics below,
and on my profile page on Ravelry. Remember, kiko502.| Calypso Scarf ©PDBKNCPLACE |
| Calypso Hat ©PDBKNCPLACE |
UPDATE
TO FORTY FIVE BY 45 LIST:
One
change to the Forty Five x 45 list:
#10
– Complete one sewing course that fits into my schedule...This is being put on
hold for now to work on birthday and Xmas knitting.
[I hope to put it back into
the rotation in the next round of 5 goals, beginning in October, if I can].
Wish
me luck!
That’s
it for this week…Stay tuned for next week when I post my granny square
pattern. I wrote it out, tested it, and had one other test it as well. I hope to send it to someone who knows how crochet patterns are supposed to be written, for editing for accuracy, according to today's standards, I wrote it using no guidelines [I don't know what they are].
So,
how about you? Would you like to join us at Come-Blog-A-Long on Ravelry??? Set
your goals and make them happen! See what you can get done!
While
the kitties, [and Valiant!] are busy keeping me on my toes….I want to know what’s keeping you
busy in your universe? Whatever it is, I hope you are happily doing it!
Pink Diva Brat


No comments:
Post a Comment