![]() |
| ©Pink Diva Brat - KNC Place |
I had a very productive week last week. My first order of business with regards to my Forty Five by 45 list was to meet new people.
Last month, I
introduced myself to my next door neighbor,
Linda, who introduced me to her family, including her grandchildren, and husband and my immediate thought was “Excellent, more people to knit and crochet for!'”
Linda, who introduced me to her family, including her grandchildren, and husband and my immediate thought was “Excellent, more people to knit and crochet for!'”
She leads an active
lifestyle, taking care of her home, grandchildren and husband; and
has,
since our introduction, given generously of her time.
since our introduction, given generously of her time.
She is
also a great conversationalist and I am certain I will enjoy many
more cups of delicious coffee with her.
As
we sat out on her front lawn this past Sunday afternoon, chatting
away; a gentle breeze swept through her magnolia tree and the pines
of our conjoined front lawns; and
I knitted
away and relaxed for the first time all week.
I had already been
busy knitting dishcloths, and after we spoke, I immediately decided
to give the latest round to her.
![]() |
| ©Pink Diva Brat - KNC Place "formerly KNIT WHIMSEYS" |
So I was, in truth,
able to knock out the first of my two list items:
- Meet someone new and
- Knit dishcloths from my inherited stash for gifts.
![]() |
Lily Brand
Peaches N Creme
|
As
I have never worked with Lily Brand Peaches N Creme before and after
hearing the many raves about it that I have, I turned my attention to
making more for my supply and Linda's too.
![]() |
| Lily Brand Peaches N Creme |
I can already tell that I am going to love making the next round of dishcloths; because the first yarn has exact shades in it to match Linda's red appliances and blue and white wallpaper; and the second contains perfect shades of greens, blues and creams; ideally matching the paint colors of my kitchen.
Since I won't be able to update the kitchen paint for some time here yet, I will just work with what's here for now. I spend a lot of time viewing this room, as my desk is located centrally here, and I have come to appreciate every small touch added since moving in and will continue to build upon these.
Since I have to sleep in my living/dining area; to be near my mom in the middle of the night if she needs me; I have decided to turn my bedroom, which is too far away from her room, into the bedroom/sewing nook of my 2 combined craft rooms.
But that is another project for another time....
The area I am currently using for my art studio is at the back of the house where large amounts of natural light stream in from 4 long windows on 2 of the walls.
It houses the drafting table, our bins of finished projects in cross stitch, all of our assorted knit, crochet, quilt and sew essentials, as well as mom's fabulous watercolor paintings and related supplies.
She may not be able to hold needles anymore but she still handles the brushes as beautifully as ever! I will eventually be showcasing some of her works here, as I build my photo library.
Stay tuned for their unveiling!
Next on the list:
- Joining and exploring Ravelry
- Joining Google+ and
- Organizing my photo library; this includes synching the ones from my Android phone....
Until next time, I hope you stay well in your universe....





No comments:
Post a Comment