I did not at the time, expect my life to take the turn of events that it did, taking me away from what seemed to me a great idea for my creativity flow.
I am, since my last blog post, still divorcing and living in a new state....South Carolina.....and perfectly content with my new state of being. Emotionally, physically, mentally and spiritually.
I consider myself as all others, a work in progress; naturally, and along the way; have learned to forgive myself many things. Giving up on my creative thinking and ideas, however, is not one of them. Being a thousand miles away from where I was since this time last year, has taught me a few things.
Three of which are:
- NOT to let outside influences outweigh my choice to create beautiful things from within me. Basically, to NOT give up on my passions.
- To give myself every opportunity I can find, to stretch every comfort zone I, and my world box me into; and
- Finally, to always expect the unexpected.
In doing so, I'm learning to reinvent myself every step of the way; by realigning my mind to the spirit I am, through my creativity; so I may once again, appreciate fully the places I've been. To see things through and be taken where it always does. To the core of my very soul.
Last year's first blogging lesson was:
- Realizing I am the only one with the power to learn how to blog and
- Figuring out where to start.
This year's beginning lessons include rediscovering my very rusty web design skills and applying them to my blog. As frustrating as it can be, I still do my best to enjoy the process and generally, still do.
*Please note: I don't consider myself perfect, in any way, completely believing that perfection only exists in my makers eyes. So if what you see seems the work of an amateur...know that it is...I am still working on finishing my degree.
I quite simply ask that you understand my belief in my ability to always learn new things...and know more often than not, attempt much without help. Ending, quite often, in the path chosen based on past success.
I always welcome constructive criticism, and, yes, even conflicting perspectives. It teaches me how to stretch out of old thinking; helping me to understand that only I have the power to grow from past knowledge. It also provides me with the drive to continue to learn, while I adapt to any necessary changes required and allows me to focus on applying new skills; through every success, and failure.
This blog will have many subjects, twists and turns...and yes, good days and bad...but it will always be my unique slice of life.
So come join me on my constant journey...to help me wonder not how far I have to go...but appreciate how far I have already come.

No comments:
Post a Comment